Performance Foodservice, PFG's broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.Job DescriptionPosition Details:
We Deliver the Goods
- Pay: $65,000 - $75,000 yearly
- Schedule/Hours: Dispatch between 5pm - 7pm
- Sign-On Bonus: $2,500 to qualified applicants
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America's food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
Food and food service delivery Drivers fulfill a critical role in the country's food supply chain. Our delivery drivers not only make sure the customers' products arrive at their destination at the arranged times and in good condition, but they are the face of our company - building lasting relationships with our customers!
As a Driver, Shuttle Formula, you will play a vital role in the operation of our business by transporting empty trailers to the Operating Company warehouse locations and turn around and deliver full trailers to domicile/shuttle yard locations.
The Driver, Shuttle Formula is responsible for driving a tandem trailer, tractor trailer and/or straight truck on intrastate and interstate routes for the purpose of transporting empty trailers to the Operating Company warehouse locations. Turns around and delivers full trailers with various products to domicile/shuttle yard locations in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Performs all required safety checks (i.e., pre/post trip) including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspects tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety standards and take appropriate action as needed.
- Reports all safety issues and/or repairs required.
- Follows all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines and policies. Immediately reports all safety hazards.
- Inspects trailer for properly loaded and secured freight.
- Ensures all required route paperwork is with tractor trailer load and available to driver upon dispatch.
- Drives and delivers trailers according to predetermined route schedule.
- Performs hook/unhook procedures per safety guidelines. P
- arks and stores tractor trailers in designated areas.
- Ensures all equipment and freight are appropriately locked and/or always secured.
- Collects and secures damaged goods and customer returns in empty trailer to bring back to driver check-in at base facility and complete necessary paperwork.
- Unloads all equipment, materials and remove trash from trailers as required.
- Completes daily record of hours of service and enter in log in accordance with Federal DOT, state, and company requirements.
- Performs general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent Experience
• Valid CDL A with Doubles Endorsement
• Must be 21 years of age
• Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
• Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
• Work required 3rd shift schedule, Sunday -Thursday nights (schedules may vary)
• Pass pre-employment drug test
• Pass road test
• Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
• Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from approximately 60 to 90 pounds, depending on the location.Preferred Qualifications
• 6 months commercial driving experience
• Foodservice distribution industry experience
• Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e. PeopleNet)
• Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e. POD)EEO Statement
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy
; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster
; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement