Performance Foodservice, PFG's broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.Job DescriptionWe Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America's food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
This position will cover Mount Dora and Eustis for Orlando based Performance Foodservice.
Responsible for the development of independent account business, with emphasis on overall profitability through both new sales and account penetration. Promote and sell company branded products and meet brand sales objectives. May also supports customer service activities for regional and/or national chain customers, thereby increasing visibility of the company in the marketplace and maximizing market share. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and performs any duty assigned to best serve the companyJob Responsibilities:
- Generates additional business through analyzing sales territory and individual customers; samples products with existing and potential customers; plans general sales strategy including time and territory management; plans sales approach with individual customers; and conducts effective sales presentations.
- Grows sales and profit margins on an ongoing basis to meet established sales and margin goals.
- Sets up new customer accounts by determining pricing; works with Credit Department for initial authorization; other center personnel for scheduling order-taking, deliveries, etc. Performs initial follow-up work with customer ensuring delivery and product satisfaction.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by providing an exemplary level of service by working closely with other center personnel to coordinate efforts to prevent and resolve customer problems. May be personally responsible for making deliveries in emergency situations.
- Builds additional business with current customers through product penetration in order to maximize profitability of individual accounts.
- Minimizes accounts receivable problems by monitoring accounts for compliance with credit terms and follows up on any problems.
- Maintains awareness of pricing trends within sales territory, particularly on market driven / commodity products, to ensure competitive pricing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent
6-12 months sales/marketing and/or restaurant experience
Valid Drivers LicensePreferred Qualifications
Bachelors Degree Business Management, Sales/Marketing, or related area
1-2 years foodservice sales/marketing and/or restaurant experienceEEO Statement
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy
; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster
; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement