Performance Foodservice, PFG's broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.Job DescriptionPosition Details:
We Deliver the Goods:
- A $8,500.00 Sign On Bonus (terms apply)
- 4 and 5 day work week with extra day availability
- Home Daily
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America's food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
Food and food service delivery drivers fulfill a critical role in the country's food supply chain. Our delivery drivers not only make sure the customers' products arrive at their destination at the arranged times and in good condition, but they are the face of our company - building lasting relationships with our customers!
Driver is responsible for driving a tractor trailer or straight truck on intrastate and interstate local, over-the-road (OTR), shuttle, and overnight and drive and drop routes for the purpose of delivering and/or unloading food and food related products to customers in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.Primary Responsibilities:
Click Here for a Job PreviewRequired Qualifications
- Communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
- Performs all required safety checks (i.e., pre/post trip) including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspects tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety standards and take appropriate action as needed.
- Reports all safety issues and/or repairs required.
- Follows all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines and policies.
- Immediately reports all safety hazards. Inspects trailer for properly loaded and secured freight.
- Performs count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded.
- Checks and completes in an accurate and in legible fashion all required paperwork associated with freight.
- Moves tractor to the loading dock and attach preloaded trailer as needed.
- Drives to and delivers customer orders according to predetermined route delivery schedule.
- Unloads products from the trailer, transports items into designated customer storage areas.
- Performs damage control checks on items, scans, and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy.
- Verifies delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures.
- Collects money (cash or checks) where required. Loads customer returns on to trailer and secures trailer doors.
- Ensures that tractor, trailer, and freight are appropriately locked and/or always secured.
- Unloads damaged goods and customer returns and bring to the driver check-in and complete necessary paperwork. Unloads all equipment, materials and remove trash from trailers as required.
- Completes daily record of hours of service and enter in log in accordance with Federal DOT, state, and company requirements.
- Performs general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
- At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
• 12 months commercial driving experience
• High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
• Valid CDL A
• Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
• Must be 21 years of age
• Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
• Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
• Pass road test
• Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
• Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the locationPreferred Qualifications
• Foodservice distribution industry experience
• Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e. PeopleNet)
• Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e. POD)
• Customer service related work experienceEEO Statement
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy
; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster
; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement