Performance Foodservice, PFG's broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.Job DescriptionPosition Summary
Under direct supervision, performs a wide variety of credit and collection functions. Following established guidelines, takes action to recover delinquent accounts. Gathers, compiles, and maintains basic credit information. Contacts customers regarding delinquent payments and prepares reports reflecting status of credit and collection activity. Exercises considerable discretion in collection activities but must obtain internal approvals for refinancing and repossessions. Communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
This position is a hybrid position.Position Responsibilities
- Reviews accounts for proper payments, identifies potential credit problems, minimizes debt exposure to company and establishes or changes credit terms based on performance.
- Analyze and interpret numerical data and perform financial analysis.
- Assist in reconciling accounts.
- Analyze and monitor credit status of accounts based on credit terms and days sales outstanding.
- Review accounts for proper payments, identify potential credit problems, minimize debt exposure, establish or revise credit terms based on performance.
- Manage new accounts with company credit guidelines.
- Communicate with drivers on collection/drop decisions and credits on account(e.g., approve/deny charges on Cash On Delivery (COD)customers and monitor on cash customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
6-12 months experience in accounting, collections, administrative support or related areaPreferred Qualifications
Accounting related courses
1-2 years experience in accounting, collections, administrative support or related areaEEO Statement
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy
; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster
; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement