Performance Foodservice, PFG's broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.Job DescriptionWe Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America's food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
Responsible for supervising the activities of the sales staff assigned to their district. Participates in the establishment of the region's sales plan and accountable for the sales and profitability and accounts receivable performance of their district. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.Position Responsibilities:
- Supervises associates to include, but not limited to: staffing, training, coaching, performance management and problem resolution. Develop and educate sales staff on product knowledge, sales techniques and company policies by developing and conducting monthly sales meetings.
- Attain targeted sales as determined by business goals. Operate department and assigned personnel within budgetary guidelines.
- Demonstrate awareness of customer needs and establish policies and practices to effectively meet those needs. Develop interpersonal relationships, which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and externally. Provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers/vendors and coworkers.
- Develop and educate sales staff on product knowledge, sales techniques and company policies by developing and conducting monthly sales meetings. Participate in industry organization monthly meetings. Develop and presents major account presentations. Formulate and analyze information on competition. Attend industry shows and events.
- Interact with customers and vendors in a friendly, timely and quality manner; ensure customer and vendors' questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner. Manage customer's complaints, issues and emergencies.
- Establish and monitor major account prospect lists. Process customer rebates and incentives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent Experience
4-6 years foodservice sales and team lead or supervisory experience
Valid driver's licensePreferred Qualifications
Bachelors: Business management, sales, marketing, or related area
6-10 years foodservice sales supervisory or management experience
Must have clean driving recordEEO Statement
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy
; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster
; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement