Performance Foodservice, PFG's broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.Job DescriptionWe Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America's food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
Warehouse associates are the foundation to our company's success. They work actively, safely, and independently to maintain the efficient flow of products through our distribution process, while ensuring quality standards. As a Forklift Operator, Non Formula, you will operate material handling equipment, such as a forklift, pallet jack, reach truck, etc.
The Forklift Operator, Non Formula transports incoming freight to inventory from staging areas for storage in the appropriate slots, on the multi-level racks in the assigned warehouse area and replenish/re-stock pick slots in a timely manner ensuring all safety, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and quality standards are met and to maintain the efficient flow of the production process Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.Responsibilities may include, but not limited to
- Locates proper slot on storage racks, set pallets in place with forklift or hand stack items, enter product data and location into appropriate unit. Locates and performs count check of incoming freight in the staging area and transport to freezer with forklift/pallet jack.
- Replenishes pick slots with outgoing stock items according to next day's work orders. Rotates date-sensitive stock to the front of the rack and/or remove outdated out of date inventory according to company policy.
- Disperses over-stocked items to available slots for temporary storage.
- Removes empty pallets, cardboard packing, and strapping to the proper area or receptacles. I
- nspects empty pallets for damage, stack and move pallets with pallet jack or forklift to the proper storage area.
- Follows all preferred work methods, safety policies and procedures per company guidelines.
- Ensure work area is safe and report any unsafe conditions and/or acts immediately.
- Reviews work schedule, perform safety check on equipment, obtain supplies required to perform the work and prepare for operations.
- Puts on all required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Gear.
- Meets required productivity and accuracy standards per location and company guidelines.
- Works from receiving sheets, computer print-out, established procedures and practices, written and/or verbal instructions. Inspects items for damage, perform temperature and quality checks and take appropriate action as needed.
- Performs general housekeeping duties in work area as needed.
- Removes batteries requiring recharging, replace with charged batteries and complete vehicle inspection checklist.
- Secures all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent
6+ months of warehouse and/or distribution work experience
Must be able to work the scheduled / assigned times and required overtime for the position
Able to stand, walk, reach, and lift repeatedly throughout shift Able to lift, stack, and/or pull products off shelves, as well as replenish product, from various heights weighing between 10-35 pounds and generally up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location, throughout shift
Able to work in multi-temperature environments, i.e., cooler, freezer and dry
Pass post offer drug test and criminal background checkPreferred Qualifications
High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent 1+ years of warehouse and/or distribution work experience using a motorized pallet jack or forklift
Foodservice distribution or related industry experience
Motorized pallet jack and/or forklift certifiedEEO Statement
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy
; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster
; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement