Performance Foodservice, PFG's broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.Job DescriptionWe Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America's food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
Responsible for the growth and margin increase in the paper and disposables, cups and lids and Non-Foods item classes for various OpCo's. Responsible for the product education and sales training of our Account Executives, Customer Service and Sales Management in the field as it relates to these products. Responsible for the evaluation of inventory for this item class to ensure that each OpCo has the proper mix of products for customer's needs and ease of selling for the sales staff. Communicate to and with our suppliers and assist in implementing programs for the mutual benefit of both PFG segment and supplier. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for growing sales and increasing gross profit margins in the item classes described above.
- Works closely with the Non-Foods Merchandising Manager(s), and within the parameters of the Corporate administered purchasing programs, including earned income programs.
- Minimizing the cost of goods with manufacturers and suppliers through assisting in negotiations.
- Provide Merchandising support to sales by assisting in preparing bids, providing product training and information, and recommending pricing strategies and planning promotions.
- Design training aids to assist in the education of our Account Executives (AE), Customer Service Representatives and Merchandise Managers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent Experience
1 - 3 years of experience in non-foods, (disposables and smallwares), sales and / or purchasing in the foodservice industry.Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree in Sales / marketing, business or related area
3 - 5 years of experience in non-foods, (disposables and smallwares), sales and / or purchasing in the foodservice industry.EEO Statement
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy
; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster
; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement