Performance Foodservice, PFG's broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.Job DescriptionWe Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America's food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
Responsible for supervision and training of drivers at Operating Company (OpCo), and for ensuring deliveries are made in safe, efficient and timely manner. Assists with monitoring Department of Transportation (DOT) logs, ensures drivers are in compliance with all DOT and OpCo regulations, and coordinates the tracking of all relevant information on drivers. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and performs any duty assigned to best serve the company.Position Responsibilities:
- Supervises associates to include, but not limited to: staffing, training, coaching, performance management and problem resolution. Assists in scheduling as well as ensuring deliveries and pickups are made in a timely manner. Rides with drivers for training and/or evaluation purposes.
- Assists Transportation/Operations Manager with overall day-to-day administration of transportation and delivery functions, which may include calculating driver payroll, reviewing driver trip logs and expense reports, identifying and resolving problems, and ensuring that drivers are compliant with DOT and OpCo regulations. Operates computer keyboard to enter and access data in automated fleet management system.
- Ensures drivers fulfill duties safely by monitoring vehicle safety, safe usage of ramps and handcarts, seat and weight belt use, and safe lifting and product-handling practices. May attend quarterly safety meetings.
- Coordinates tracking of all relevant information on drivers, such as license status, traffic tickets, accidents and other risk and safety-related data.
- Ensures accurate completion of all delivery and driver-related paperwork including invoices, cash receipts, collection register, trip reports, fuel tickets, deposit slips, DOT logs, Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR), driver qualification files and accident reporting.
- Ensures maintenance of all trucks, tractors and trailers through detailed review of post-trip inspections.
- Works in conjunction with Transportation or Operations Manager to minimize operating expenses and to ensure all deliveries are efficiently routed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent Experience
2-4 years transportation or related experience including knowledge of DOT and safety regulations, along with
experience in operation of computerized fleet management systemsPreferred Qualifications
Associates/2-year technical - Business management, logistics or related area.
4-6 years transportation experience including knowledge of DOT and safety regulations, along with experience in operation of computerized fleet management systems within foodservice industry.
Class A Commercial Drivers License (CDL) certified.EEO Statement
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy
; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster
; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement